Congratulations on the Purchase of the "Sweet Convertible Kettle Corn Machine"
We recomend removing the small ring on the bottom of the kettle
- Grind the 3 small welds
- Take a hammer Tap the ring and remove it
Removing the ring promotes faster cook times.
Tools Required for Assembly: 2-9/16 Wrenches and 2- ¾ Wrenches, Crescent Wrench and adjustable pair of pliers.
- Take 4-9/16 inch bolts, nuts and washers.
- Take Front Kick Plate and place bolt holes on upside
- Take Left side of Machine and place Bolt, nuts and washers, (2) for each side connecting each side to kick plate as shown in picture. (Note) do not tighten bolts until all sides are loosely assembled.
- Take 8-9/16 inch bolts, nuts and washers and connect back piece to the sides of the machine, starting from the top and then connecting bottoms bolts last. (Note) do not fully tighten bolts until sides have been fully assembled with bolts nuts and washers.
- Adding burner mount by attaching bolts to front kick plate.
- Add burner by placing bolt through burner mount and attaching to burner as shown in picture Make sure copper jet at the end of 8 inch pipe is screwed into burner and air vent is wide open or removed (on burner)
- Spin on/off valve onto burner tube until snug. (Note) Do not over tighten.
- Add bowl paddle mounts by using 2 -3/4 inch Bolts, nuts and washers. When facing machine bowl dump handle is mounted on the left hand side of machine.
- Add bowl to paddle mounts with the bowl tab on the back side of the machine.
- You may choose to leave your machine assembled, permanently welded together or disassemble if needed.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Installing the pilot valve system
As you can see in the pictures it's very easy. Simply remove the gas hose that's plugged in to your on-off valve.
- Remove the on-off valve up to the 90° angle type. This is done by turning it counterclockwise
- Install pilot valve assembly to the on-off valve. This is where the hose was connected
- Reinstall the gas hose to the end of the pilot valve assembly
- Install a copper pilot assembly copper rod to the end pressure fitting at the bottom of the needle valve. Make sure this is a tight and does not leak or pull out
- Then copper pilot assembly down under kettle corn machine and up to the burner. Please note the pictures.
- Make sure all fittings are tight
Testing the pilot valve
Turn on propane to about 10 psi. Make sure needle valve on pilot assembly is tight and is off this can be done by turning it clockwise lefty-lucy righty-tighty. Slightly open the needle valve and my pilot assembly turned burner on and you should be done